Re: GT6 OD conversion

To: frank@zk3.dec.com
Subject: Re: GT6 OD conversion
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 21:43:49 -0500 (EST)
All right!  I'll talk!  the cam doohickey actuates a normally open
switch which allows the OD to engage only when the trans is in third
or fourth gear.  Don't recall right now whether the contacts are in
the supply circuit or the return ["ground"], but they are there.
Y'know you can keep the present diff (I assume it's a 4.11) and go
like crazy off the line but still keep the revs [somewhat] down at
speed with the OD engaged.  4.11/3.89 is a ratio of 1.06; the OD gives
you 1.25, so even with the 4.11 axle, you'll be spinning at lower revs
than before the OD.

Enjoy!
Donald.

> Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 16:00:57 -0500
> From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
>

> Hi all,
>
> What would I need to convert my '73 GT6 to overdrive?  Here's
> what I know so far:

[snips]