LUK clutch kits / RE: Borg & Beck-Education to the List

To: "'Ted Schumacher'" <tedtsimx@q1.net>, N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: LUK clutch kits / RE: Borg & Beck-Education to the List
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:08:44 +0200
Ted ( et al )

Now this is starting to look a bit better ( for me anyway ) . LUK clutch
kits are available in South Africa :-) Whether or not TR 3 ones are also
available is something I'm going to find out . Have to convince the parts
guys ( down here ) first that Triumph actually made cars and not only
motorcycles and ladies underwear :-) Strange how many guys know exactly what
a Triumph bra etc. looks like ( some can even describe what it feels like )
, but they have absolutely no idea about Triumph cars ! Wonder why :-)

Now FWIW I've never before fitted a new clutch to a TR 3 , but I'll be doing
all the work by myself as soon as I've figured out what's wrong with my
clutch and what is needed to rectify it .

Basically all that I know is that TS 10795 ( '56 TR3 ) is equipped with a
'58  TR3A engine ( TS 30837 E ) , an all syncro TR4 gearbox ( CT 26228 ) and
that the clutch is currently non-functional .

Any advice or part numbers on LUK clutch kits for TR3's would be highly
appreciated .

Kind regards
Chris de Wet
P O Box 472 , Ifafi  , 0260  ,  South Africa  .
Telephone 012 - 3398071 ( office ) 012 - 2591129 ( home ) Cell 0839989744
Fax 012 - 3398201
One '56 TR 3 with o/d , two Heralds and four early Spitfires without o/d .