speedo cable

To: Spitfires Digest <spitfires-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: speedo cable
From: LT <llst@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 20:36:14 -0800

Just a thought, you say that you have a MG right angle adapter?
Is it possible that the MG adapter is not getting the correct
bite in the transmission? It does for a little bit, but doesn't
maintain it. For example, either the end of the speedo cable
isn't long enough to fully seat in the adapter, or the adapter
end isn't long enough to fully seat in the trans?

Hope this helps, or at least gives you a direction.

Cheers,

Doug

Just checked my spare angle drives, one from an MG, one from a Spit and
the other unknown, All have the same Smith part number 2401/05. All have
a square shaft and the drive pieces that goes into the tranny is the
same length.

Larry Ternowski
Surrey BC