Heater Box Foam

To: "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater Box Foam
From: "Phillip" <metaz76@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 0:42:45 -0500
I took the heater box out of my 1500 the other day and found the foam on it
crumble when touched.  I looked in my catalog and the foam pieces were not
listed.  I went to the hardware store and picked found a large sponge more
like a foam block that I think will work where the hole for the motor
mounts up to the car.  Then for the foam on the two ports on the heater
core I found some hard foam that is put on pipes in your house that I can
cut shorter.  Is there any problem with either of these two ideas?  I think
that the sponge will work fine after I cut it down, but not sure of the
foam for the heater core pipes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Phillip

Phillip
metaz76@earthlink.net