Re: Wheel weight

To: spitfires list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel weight
From: reed mideke <rfm@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 18:25:52 -0800
L&B Lubbers wrote:

> You tell me what I have... the width is 5.5" outside to outside and 4.5"
> inside to inside.
>
> I would guess they are original rims and it is a '79.  They have the 16 oval
> holes.  The first pic at http://www3.sympatico.ca/lubbers/spencer.htm shows
> them best.
>
> Did the width different rims look the same, i.e., have the same hole
> pattern?

The ones I have seen (my car came with 4.5" and now wears the 5" I
found in the junk yard) looked identical, except that one kind has
5Jx22x13 stamped on them and the other has 4.5J ...

They are the same style as on your car.

The stamp is near where the hubcap goes.

--
Reed Mideke                  rfm(at)cruzers.com