Seats

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seats
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:32:52 -0500
Greetings, fellow listers.

I have some questions regarding seats.  My divers seat has suffered a broken
back.  The frame has broken a few inches above the recline lock.  I know
others have suffered this fate.  What has been the success rate of repairing
these things?  Is welding in additional support necessary?

So I've stolen the drivers seat out of my GT6.  The Spit does look a bit
funny with one chestnut bucket and one black highback, but hey, I can drive
it!  Anyway, with a seat that is not beat to death I've noticed that I'm
just enough taller and closer to the dash that I don't fit in the car too
well.  The fit was always tight - I'm about 6' 4", but it's definitely
tighter.  I'm looking for alternatives.  Some listers have used Miata seats.
How do they compare for leg & headroom?  Has anyone ever trimmed down the
foam in the stock seats?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

BillG

'74 Spit with schizophrenic interior