Re: Copper Sealing Washers, (was leaky J-type overdrive)

To: tboicey@brit.ca, gasket.works@gte.net
Subject: Re: Copper Sealing Washers, (was leaky J-type overdrive)
From: PorscheRcr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:41:10 EDT
In a message dated 09/19/2000 12:24:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tboicey@brit.ca writes:

>  I was also able to purchase a washer that had a rubber sealing
>  lip embedded in the inner circle of the washer, for a little extra
>  protection.
The Aeroquip version of this is called a "Stat-O-Seal" (using an aluminun
ring however).  I believe Parker also makes them for industrial applications
so a decent industrial supply place should have them.  Another thing that is
great to get from industrial supply houses are bearings.  Same bearings,
usually at substantially reduced prices.  As always though there is a snag,
you have to know what bearing number you want.
HTH!
Bill J
'68 GT8