Transmission switches

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission switches
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:31:34 -0500
Greetings, fellow listers!

The discussion of OD switches, etc. has reminded me of something I've been
meaning to ask for a while.  My '74 Spit is non OD, and it has 2 switches
mounted on the gearbox.  One is on the top rear, just under the shift
linkage housing.  The other is on the top front near the front of the
linkage housing.  Both switches have a pair of wires that run into the
harness.  Now, 2 reverse lamp switches seems a bit redundant even for Lucas.
None of my books show both switches.  I'm not sure if the gearbox is
original as it has a FK number.  This car was built in Belgium so maybe FK
is normal.  So, which one (the rear one?) is the reverse lamp switch, and
what is the other one for?

BillG
1FM13696IU