Re: which is preferable: a voltage gauge or an amperage gauge?

To: "Chip Kigar" <ckigar@sound.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: which is preferable: a voltage gauge or an amperage gauge?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 21:05:41 -0700
Hi Chip,

I'd go with the ammeter.  It gives you a better idea of what's going on with
your charging system than a voltmeter will.  Besides, if you're ever curious
about the voltage, checking that with a regular tester takes about ten
seconds.  Others may have a different opinion.

Good luck!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!