GT6 rear spring on a spitfire

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 rear spring on a spitfire
From: Ben Bacon <Ben@HEI-KC.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 12:39:27 -0500

<--- Digest mode off

Greetings to the list

I have a 69 GT6 rear spring in good condition.  I'm wondering if this will
fit on a 79 spitfire.  I'm going to replace my differential on the spitfire
this weekend and would replace the spring if it fits and is safe.  The old
swing spring is more or less shot.  I seem to recall that the GT6 spring
would be too stiff on a spitfire.  Would camber compensators be needed with
the fixed GT6 spring.

Also, I have acquired a rough 72 GT6 which needs a bonnet and floor boards.
A ton of spare parts came with it, some NOS.  Parts include several sets of
rotoflex rear axles,  69 doors, 69 rear hatch, gauges,  tranny covers,
master cylinders, stromberg 150 and 175 carbs, and much more.  Anyone have a
GT6 bonnet they want to part with for cash or trade.
And if you need a part for a 69 to 72 GT6, I probably have it.  Contact me
off list for more details

I'm in the Kansas City area.

Ben Bacon
79 spitfire (daily driver)