Re: Tire wobble

To: BillG <wrgingerich@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: Tire wobble
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 11:24:00 -0700
Bill,
I had someone tell me that once, the same day that my Mk1 got bashed in the
driver door.  The wobble was on the opposite side rear.

The problem turned out to be the hub got bent when the crunch took place.
Apparently, it doesn't take much force to bend those
things.  I too thought it was the rim but swapping wheels didn't change the
wobble.  Changing the whole axle/hub assembly with a spare
I had corrected the problem.

Regards,
Joe