Re: wreck..semi-rant

To: Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us
Subject: Re: wreck..semi-rant
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 09:04:07 -0400 (EDT)
According to Banbury, Terrence:

> Yes, absolutely.  Take care of yourself and Kermit, too.
>
> Wasn't there another Spitfire that was recently run off the road as well; by
> an Explorer.  Seems to me it was a yellow1500 , I believe.  I find it
> curious that the collisions seem to involve vehicles running into "our"
> Spits.  I'm not the paranoid kind, but I seem to sense when I'm in traffic
> that there is some kind of value judgement/intimidation going on.  Seems
> like they pull up on my rear bumper a little closer than they do when I
> drive my Honda.  Maybe I'm wrong.
> There is such a thing as vehicle-based hatred/envy that some people 'act
> out' on.  First experienced this when I drove my new Expedition.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

My daughter drive a Honda.  A month or so ago she got rear-ended on the
interstate at a construction slow down.  $3000 worth of damage repair later
she got the car back last Saturday.  Monday, on the way to work, she got
rear-ended sitting at a traffic light.

I can remember when the argument was between which of Italian or French
drivers were the worst in the world.  US drivers have long since surpassed
both of them.

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |