Sill Inspection

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Sill Inspection
From: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 14:38:49 -0500
   My interior is semi-gutted while I am recovering the seats & preparing
for the new carpets, tranny cover, etc.  I have some floorboard rust, which
is understandable as the PO left the car outside for a couple of years with
the top not latched & the driver's window down; fortunately, I'll be able to
refurbish vice replace the floor panels.
   The sills look excellent as far as I can tell.  I've peered into the big
holes from the inside and see lots of Inca Yellow and no rust.  From the
outside I've removed the rubber plugs and looked and poked around with a
thin screwdriver & see no rust.  Both the interior and exterior sills appear
solid, original & unmolested.
   Is there anything I'm missing?  Any other way to evaluate these sills
other than my look-and-poke routine?

Ree Gurley in Silver Spring, MD  -  78 Spit  FM73070U O