Re: Sagging rear end

To: BillG <wrgingerich@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: Sagging rear end
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 08:52:13 -0400
bill, re-arch or replacethe spring.   shocks are not not meant to carry weight.
springs support weight while shocks control vertical movement   this vertical
movement is called jounce and rebound and is controlled by the internal rate of
the shock.  for example, in drag racing you want the weight to transfer to the
rear to increase traction (rear wheel drive) so a drag race shock is a 90/10.
this allows the weight to immediately goto the rear and then slwoly settle back
to the front.  a road race shock is normally 50/50 or 60/40 so weight transfer
is applied equally during acceleration adn braking events.  ted

--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive