carb floats

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: carb floats
From: Tom Sivertsen <siv@education.ucsb.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 17:55:26 -0700
Another carb question:

Ever since I rebuilt my Stromberg CD 150s on my GT6, I have experienced
mild cut-outs from the engine on long sweeping left turns.  I've been
assuming that the floats were swinging and closing the needle valve too
quickly, cutting off my fuel supply.  I have now gone back and adjusted the
float tabs twice, further moving them away from spec, and have seen some
improvement -- but it still cuts out some halfway through the turns.

This is driving me crazy!  I'm getting ready to tear the carbs off a third
time to do this again -- any suggestions to anything I might be missing?

TIA,

Tom