Re: Speed Traps

To: Graham Stretch <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: Speed Traps
From: Mark Gardner <mrgrdnr@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 20:08:33 -0700
Graham Stretch wrote:

> and speed traps are illegal in the state of California!
>
> I like the idea of that, however did they get that one (law) passed?
>
> Graham.
Hi all - It has to do with the strict definition of speed traps (in the
law).  What is actually prohibited is timing a vehicle between two
markers on the road.  Pacing and radar are OK.  What most of us think of
as a speed trap (motor officer behind a billboard right where the limit
drops from 50 to 25) is perfectly legal.  Wierd huh?

Mark Gardner
'79 Spit