Fastest Gun In The East!

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>, ev <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Subject: Fastest Gun In The East!
From: Ralph Goodwin <evracer@ipass.net>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 20:28:33 -0400
We didn't win overall, but we were the fastest there!

Twenty eight school teams participated in the 2000 Carolina EV
Challenge.  Of these Northern Vance High School won the overall
competition.  The Challenge has a number of different competition
elements including environmental research, web site design and many
other education opportunities.  This is the second year in a row  that
Northen Vance has won this overall series, the largest of its kind in
the Southeast US, if not the country!

The quickest car there was the North Johnston High School Spitfire!

On behalf of the students of North Johnston HS and their lead instructor
Kevin Boykin, thanks to each of you who offered technical advice for the
construction of the Spitfire and unlimited encouragement!  Special
thanks to TS Imported Automotive of the Spitfire list and Electric
Vehicles of America of the EV list for you support both technical and
otherwise!   Thanks to all the participants on both list for the
discussions on the technical issues that were openly discussed at
length, ranging from charging of AGM batteries to installation of a
camber compensator on the rear end.

The points you raised were very valuable as we made the decisions that
resulted in the "Fastest Gun In The East!"

Pictures and overall results will be posted on the EV Challenge web site
ASAP.  Likewise a massive overall of the Electric Spitfire web site is
in order!

Again, thanks for your help and support!

-Ralph & the staff and students at North Johnston HS, Kenly NC.