joined my local Triumph club tonight

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: joined my local Triumph club tonight
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 22:28:50 -0700
The flyer that I had said the meeting time was 7:30 on the first Thursday of
the month.  I left the house at 7:25 and got there a little after 8pm,
because I had forgotten about the meeting (again!) until about quarter past
seven.  Apparently, the meeting times were changed to 7pm a few months ago,
which meant I was REAL late, but I got there just in time to turn in my
application, write a check and meet a few listers.  I also got to see some
great machinery in the parking lot.  I still find myself clenching my teeth
a bit driving on the freeways around here, but I think I'm finally past the
fear of having my wheel fall off again or anything like that.  On the way
home, I hit a top speed of 85 MPH and without overdrive, I wasn't willing to
sustain that speed for very long.  It was great to at least be able to meet
a few familiar names and see some other Triumphs, too!  Great fun.  Next
time I'll show up on time and REALLY find out what the club is all about!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!