Re: O/D Conversion

To: Bill Munts <bmunts@integrityonline12.com>
Subject: Re: O/D Conversion
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 18:37:04 -0700
Bill,
Since you are going to have to go through the box anyway, why don't you
consider upgrading to a MkIV (Full Synchro) transmission.  I
think you will be much happier in the long run.

You will need a new main shaft for the overdrive unit as well as the following:
Mounting Plate (for the frame)
Rear O/D Mount
Shortened Drive Shaft
Relay
Switch (knob mounted switch on the OD shift lever, preferably)
Wiring Harness
Angle drive for Speedo cable

Most of these items can be gotten from SpitBits.  You can have the drive Shaft
shortened.

Regards,
Joe