Breather question

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Breather question
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 11:06:30 -0400
Hello all,

Need a little wisdom - I wrote a week or so ago about how pleased I was
with the catch tank I bought. I have a blanking plate covering the
mechanical fuel pump  hole in the block with a hose fitting - this is "T'd"
to the hose that runs to the valve cover. the other side of the T goes to
the catch tank. The problem I am having is A LOT of oil in the catch tank -
it was 3/4 full (pint? it's pretty big) after driving home from my garage
last night - about 12 miles. I am quite sure I was not spewing this much
oil into the chassis before - I used to just have the old  "hose into the
chassis leg" arrangement. It is uphill from the block breather to the catch
tank, and I can't imagine that much oil is coming down from the valve cover
area - I don't even have an external oil feed up there anymore. Also, the
cover keeps blowing off the catch tank. Other than this, car is running the
best it ever has!
Thoughts??? I am a little baffled....

This is all on a 69 1296 motor.

TIA,