Re: New Tires

To: "Jason K. Cullum" <jcullum@chorus.net>,
Subject: Re: New Tires
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 04:43:21 -0700 (PDT)
Jason,
Are you absolutely sure that the rims will fit the
Spitfire's 'unusual' bolt circle?
It's 4 x 3.75"
You will also need to know the wheel offset. I cannot
remember what the stock offset is, perhaps 3/4"
negative. If the 14" wheel offset is too much
negative, you can always use spacers, but if too much
positive, you are SOL.

If you can confirm that these wheels really do fit,
would you please share the info with us? I'm sure that
a lot of people will be interested.

If the wheels do fit, you will finds that only a few
14" sizes will fit the car. Anything bigger than
185/60-14 will probably be too big. If you can find
14" tires in a 55 or 50 series, 205's might do.

Good luck with your project.

Carter Shore