RE: Gasket (subj. change) lights

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Gasket (subj. change) lights
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 07:30:06 -0800
>Has anyone re-produced the side marker light rubber bases?  I'm in
>need of at least 4.
*************************************
I did make solid models of these in Pro-E.  Pro-E is a solid modeling
Computer Aided Design package for those of you not familiar with that name,
and it is used for designing in place of the old method of drawing on a
drawing board and paper (blueprints etc., BTDT).  The solid model is used
in prototyping to make the tool(s) for manufacturing said items (for those
companies utilizing solid model capabilities)  I made both the left and
right sides (they are so similar they can be swapped for all sides needed)
parts numbers 158565 and 158566.  If anybody, including (anybody from the
big three) wants the models in IGES format as well to get a quote for
production tool etc, I'll be MORE than happy to send them out.  I too would
love to have some replacements - and the modeling is half the work :-)
These are very accurate models, having used decent but slightly damaged
originals for the dimensions -
I made these at the request of a lister, but never heard of what happened
after I sent him the models.  More than likely the cost of the production
run scared the h**l out of him :-)

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)