RE: Oil pan sealant>sorry about the commercial content following.

To: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil pan sealant>sorry about the commercial content following.
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:01:48 -0600
I'll second that!

But if that is the case, there is a product made by Permatex that will work.
I'll have to get home to my garage to get the name off the can.  It comes in a
aerosol can and comes out like 'Cheeze-Wiz'.  Looks kinda like black/gray foam
rubber and it is suppose to replace a gasket totally (not a gasket sealant).
I used it on the cast aluminum valve cover on my 1500 and it appears to have
solved the bad oil leak from the back of the cover (3 weeks no leak, so far).
I don't know how it would work on the oil pan and I would prefer a neoprene
gasket, but this seems to be doing the trick so far.

Thanks,
Paul M.