RE: Dr Death

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dr Death
From: "David Stewart" <dstewar1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 07:10:14 -0500

> I'm a salesman not a chemist.

That, I am afraid, pretty much sums it up for most salesmen .....
unfortunately, most salesmen think that once they've said that, they are
absolved of all responsibility.  Salesmen should know what they're selling!
That is one of the primary tenets of salesmanship, yet, I have not bought a
single car in my adult life - including my first new car, a 1977 Triumph
Spitfire 1500 (obligatory LBC content) - where the salesman knew more about
it than I did.  They claim they are salesmen, not engineers or mechanics.

Salesmen of the world, read the 10 Commandments of Salesmanship:  #1 - KNOW
THY PRODUCT!

Okay, sorry, I'm stepping off my soapbox.

David Stewart
Brewerton, NY