Another 1500 rebuild question

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another 1500 rebuild question
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 07:44:03 -0600
I was checking the specs for the 1500 engine in my Haynes manual last night,
before I order the pistons.  The bore on the block I'm rebuilding measured at
2.902", but the Haynes manual list two bores for the 1500 one for a 'F' engine
and one for a 'G' engine.  Since I going to .020" over pistons I don't think
it really matters and I don't see the 'F' and 'G' indication when I look for
replacement parts.  Still I would like to know what I'm dealing with.  Anybody
out there know what the difference is and how I can tell which engine I've
got?

Thanks,
Paul Mostrom
'77 Spitfire 1500
> '80 Ford F-100 (Triumph Support Vehicle)

'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'