Gearbox constant pinion shaft bearing removal

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gearbox constant pinion shaft bearing removal
From: "Gary Blake" <garyb@fast.co.za>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 17:02:55 +0200
Hello listers
I am trying to remove and replace the gearbox input shaft needle roller
force fit bearing (part # 118507) on my Spitfire Mk3 gearbox (same as
earlier Spitfires and Heralds). I have succeeded in removing the inner part
and the needle rollers but am left with the outer casing of the bearing
still inside the input shaft and I can't get it out.
How best can I remove this outer bearing casing without damaging the shaft?
Many thanks
Gary, Johannesburg ZA