Re: Stripping a parts car

To: HD50EL@aol.com
Subject: Re: Stripping a parts car
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 07:57:25 -0800 (PST)
Sorry John,

I meant to say 'body tags', not chassis. But my point
in saving them is NOT to re-apply, but provide
original proof of the ownership and lineage of the
frame. When you do re-use the saved frame, the welded
on tag will differ from the rest of the car. So when
an overzealous inspector asks "Where did this come
from?", you have the title and original tags as hard
evidence. And no one else will have been able to
remove them and dispute the claim.

Orwellian?

Since you've been through their mill, you tell me.