Water temp gauge/sender??

To: "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water temp gauge/sender??
From: "N.A. Campiglia III" <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:48:22 -0600
Here's the vision...

I have managed to find a water neck/thermostat cover in my box of goodies
that has a blank spot in which one could install another temp sender for a
gauge.  The water pump its self has a spot as we all know.

What I was wondering is...  If I was to install an aftermarket (VDO, ect)
gauge in the blanked off spot (I will drill and tap it) will the reading be
accurate??  At least with in a few degrees??  I want to keep the original,
which is BELOW the thermostat and the proposed one would be above it..  I
guess I should have checked my manual for the water travel in the block and
all but, it's raining out (Yippee..) and the shed is kind of far out
there...

Thanks in advance for any info/help any of you could provide...

Oh yea...  "Gas Prices"...  there, I said it...  Hope it was not to painful
for anyone!!

Nick
N.A. Campiglia III
Abilene, TX