Re: Clicking brakes

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Clicking brakes
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:47:17 -0000
Hi Jeff
Does the click also occur when you go from braking in reverse to braking
going forward? If so it could be the drum moving from one extreme of the
free-play on the studs to the other, this movement equates to about 1/64"
(or less) so is nothing to worry about. No experience with dot 5, but I
would suggest you re-adjust the back brakes if they are not of the self
adjusting variety, (which if I remember right they are not). As the rising
pedal suggests that the piston is being pushed in too far by the return
springs when the brake is off!

Graham.