Re:

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:
From: Kashif Ahmad <KASHIF@RCP.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:21:17 -0000
Hi all,

I need some advice regarding some Dolomite sprint wheels I picked up
recently. They all have surface corrosion i.e. they are pitted and coated in
white crusty stuff. Yesterday I cleaned one of them up and sanded it smooth
and mostly clean (apart from the number of tiny black marks). The first of
my questions is, Should I coat them with something to protect the metal i.e.
paint and lacquer? or can they be left bare. The hub of the wheel (the part
the tyre fits over)is partially covered in a black plastic like coating but
most of it is now bare apart from the mastic used when tyres were attached.
My second question is, Does the wheel require a coating over this area and
if so can anyone suggest a suitable product?

Thanks a bundle.
Kashif