re: oil pan leakage

To: ckigar@sound.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: re: oil pan leakage
From: Ryan Smith <shmitty990@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 17:31:47 -0800 (PST)
digest lurk mode off:

I dropped my pan back in January to check my thrust
washers.  All looked good when I put the pan back on, but a
30 min drive made a small stream of hot oil pour out of the
block.  I had to go back to school so i left the car like
that until this week (spring break).  Crawled back under
there to see that the pan was leaking from the back near
the bell housing.  Fear of stripping the block had
prevented me from tightening down all the bolts enough.
Gave them all a good turn and no more leak.  In fact it
doesn't leak at ALL anymore.  I'm amazed and wondering if
my car is still British.  I kept looking all week but no
drops of oil on the floor. I guess that's a good thing but
now I think the Spit is hiding something from me.

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spitfire doing a Honda impersonation

digest lurk mode on