RE: Rover/Buick 3.5L vs. Chevy 4.3L V-6

To: "dayton carpenter" <djcarpen@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Rover/Buick 3.5L vs. Chevy 4.3L V-6
From: "James F. Libecco" <jfl@neoucom.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:58:56 -0500
Dayton, part of the appeal of the rover engine is the available aftermarket
parts.  The Summit Racing catalogue has many available options.  I don't want
to suggest that 500 hp is easy, or practical, but is obtainable.  The 4.3chevy
is certainly easy to come by and has proven itself a rather durable engine.
My only concern with it was the lack of upgrades.  Either way you are required
to do much fitting and building of headers that make crazy straws look
straight.  I remember seeing a site, I believe it was on your car, that
described the difficulty routing the exhaust system.

What did you choose to run for a drive line in your creation?

jim