Bonnet (hood) alignment

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonnet (hood) alignment
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:28:12 +0000
After reassembling the body of my spit after a major rebuild, I have got
to the stage of aligning the bonnet...
This is where the problems have begun, on one side everything is sweet,
nice door to bonnet gap, good fit..
on the drivers side, although the door is actually further back on the
hinge adjustment the rear edge of the bonnet touches the front edge of
the door.
Its almost as though the bonnet is twisted in some way..
Is there any adjustments I can make to move this side of the bonnet
forwards?
Say like loosening the bolts that attach the bonnet frame which attaches
to the bonnet hinges?
thanks for any help
cheers
Tim