Diff input flange size

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Diff input flange size
From: Doug Braun <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:28:06 -0500
Hello,

Did the size of the differential input flange change at some
point during the MK IV/1500 production?  I believe that
on my '72, the driveshaft front and rear flanges are the
same size, and also the same as the rear axle flanges.
But I have a (supposedly Spitfire) driveshaft lying around
that would fit my car, except that the flange on one end
is bigger than the flange at the other end.

Thanks,

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

P.S.: I just finished installing a Coverlay dash pad, and it looks
very impressive.  I ended up taking out the original dash to
clean it up and prepare it, since part of it had warped a lot.
(Dash removal is not for the faint of heart!)  Let me know if
you are preparing to install one, and I will give you some tips.