Re: Thank you everyone... and now a report on the car itself.

To: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Subject: Re: Thank you everyone... and now a report on the car itself.
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:20:20 -0800
Joe,
  Sounds like a sound, decent car to me.  I think it depends on asking
price, of course.  From your description, it sounds like you could drive
it a bit, and work on it as you go - a rolling restoration.  After
having been on this list for a few years - going back to the original
Triumph list - I don't think there's anything that people on this list
can't help you get through, repair wise.  If I remember correctly, you
were only planning to drive it from Sacto area to Palo Alto once every
couple of months, right?  If you live in Sacto, and work at UCD (go
AGGIES! - UCD BS FermSci - 1978), you might consider an alternate route
to I-80...  The same of course for your travels to Palo Alto - find a
nice route out through Rio Vista somewhere.  Good luck!!

Peter Ficklin
'63 & '68 Spits
Fresno, CA
- - - - -

"Garner, Joseph P." wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> first of all thank you so much to the 25 or so people who took the time to
> write me such friendly and helpful e-mails (in reply to my "sensible advice
> please" message)...

<SNIP>