Thanks listers/beautiful day

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks listers/beautiful day
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 23:26:51 -0800
Just a special note of thanks to all the listers who have come to my aid
with the "gearbox S.O.S.".  I've been reenergized by all your responses and
suggestions and will try to tackle the problem again tomorrow afternoon,
right after I get back from the Pine Wood Derby with my 7-year-old son.  I
tried as best I could to mold his rectangular block of wood into the shape
of my Spitfire.  But Giovanni Michelotti on the belt sander I'm NOT.

Even though I can't engage first gear at the moment, I still took the
Spitfire out for a short run this afternoon -- the weather was too beautiful
to resist.  I've isolated a few areas of rattles in the body that need
attention and look forward to tackling them soon. I can feel every bump in
the road and the steering feels very tight, with no play in the steering,
but sort of dodgy at the same time.  I have the feeling that a new set of
poly bushings in the front and rear suspension are in order and that shall
be one of my next major projects next Winter.

Thanks again -- one and all.

Best wishes,

Jeff