Re: [pub] Fw: Irony from the Jag list - urban legends

To: <Thearthurhsmith@cs.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [pub] Fw: Irony from the Jag list - urban legends
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 08:40:48 -0800
I think we have the makings of another "urban legend" here.

Reminds me of the story of a gal who was getting ready for her visit to the
gynocologist one day.  She was in a hurry and applied some feminine hygene
spray to freshen up a bit.  The woman became horribly offended when her
doctor looked down, raised his eyebrows and said to her "Ah, prettied
yourself up for me today, I see.  How nice"  As the day progressed, the
woman became increasingly outraged and planned to take some sort of action
against her OBGYN for what she perceived as his inappropriate remarks, which
had made her feel quite uncomfortable.  As she was weighing her legal
options later that afternoon, her teen-aged daughter walked into the room
and said "Mom, have you seen my glitter hair spray?".  As it turns out, in
her haste to leave for her appointment, her mother had grabbed the wrong
bottle.

My apologies if anyone is offended by the "story".  I use my own wife as the
guage for these things.  She thought it was hilarious and blurted out the
story to her doctor and his staff while undergoing an operation under local
anethesia last year -- before we found out it was an "urban legend".   She
came out of her fog to find herself surrounded by laughter.  Everyone had
gathered around to here her tell the story for the second time.

Cheers,

Jeff in San Diego