Electric pump mounting location

To: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Subject: Electric pump mounting location
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 09:44:39 -0800
>The two places I've considered are A) in the trunk near
>the gas tank which is some distance from the carb or B)on
>the frame perhaps next to the starter, which puts it very
>close to road debris from the tires.
>
>If anyone has a decent mounting point, away from a hot spot
>and interference of moving parts, I'd like to know, so I
>only have to re-run the fuel line once.
The best place BY FAR is below the tank, and as close to the outlet of the
tank as practicable.  Fuel is much easier and more controlled by pushing
than by being siphoned, (one reason for in tank fuel pumps) and this
mounting virtually eliminates fuel starvation caused by vapor lock since
the pump is always receiving cool unheated fuel.

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)