Re: rear springs

To: "spit" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear springs
From: "MikeC" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 12:33:26 -0700
I called around today and found a local spring shop that will de-arch it for
$30.  I'm going to pull the spring again and let them do it and see about
some teflon strips between the ends to reduce friction. I didn't feel to
safe about a spacer anyway.  Someone said something about cutting the ends
off of the second leaf to reduce binding, I guess this means to cut off the
part that loops around the bushing mount on the bottom spring.  If I was to
do this how far in should I cut it?
MikeC