Re: FW: MK1/2 Dash Tops?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: MK1/2 Dash Tops?
From: "Rob Travis" <sixt6spitfire@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 13:40:27 PST
I was told that with trimming the MkIII overlay would work on a MkII,
if I remember correctly the MkII dash is narrower, so I tried it as my dash
was in ruins....long story short I was unhappy with the results.I opted to
cut the cracks out, fill the depressions, add a thin layer of foam and
recover the the dash with new vinyl.Actually I had a friend who is a
professional upolsterer do it as I wanted it to look good.