Re: Gear Lever gaiter

To: philip <cplimey@home.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gear Lever gaiter
From: Doug Braun <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 07:30:50 -0500
I the replacement carpet set I got a few years ago had the same problem:
the skirt was too narrow at the bottom.  I ended up removing the one
from the original carpet and sewing it on to the new carpet.  If that
had not been practical, I would have made a new one from a piece of
naugehyde from the fabric store.  I guess you could do the same with
a piece of leather...  I was able to use a regular sewing machine
(just barely) to stitch the skirt around the hole in the carpet.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit