Re: Lucas Sport Coil and Pertronix Ignitor

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas Sport Coil and Pertronix Ignitor
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:29:50 -0500
I've Been using that very setup for the last 17K miles (1 1/2 years)
Just make sure you are using the >3ohm coil and that you are
taping the coil V+ to a solid +12V and not through the ballast wiring.

YES IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE!
I attribute all my easy cold morning starting to this setup.
Open up your sparkplug gap to 0.030-0.035 range. (Mine are at roughly 032)
With this.. advance you timing about 1 degree at most to fine tune the
timing effects of sparking.

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html