Re: to Chrome or not to Chrome?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: to Chrome or not to Chrome?
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 13:55:09 -0600
Patrick

I'm sure other more technically minded people can confirm or deny this but,
when I was getting Baby Blue refitted I asked about re-chroming the handles
and latches etc.

I was told it wasn't a good idea as they're made of 'crap metal' - that's
what I was told, do I take it it's a 'technical' term ;-) and that they'd
disintegrate when put in the acid bath to remove the old chrome. I was
advised to just get new bits which I did.

I do know, however, that the front bumper which I had re-chromed is
resisting pitting and rust spots far better than the rear ones which I had
to get new, obviously a better, thicker coating.

Suzie

PS. Guess what folks - I'm paying a visit back to Blighty next week to see
how my poor Baby Blue's getting on without me. What's the betting I get
lousy weather there after the 'heatwave' we've had here in Chicago the last
week?