Drilled out discs

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Drilled out discs
From: "GIBSON,PETE (A-England,ex1)" <pete_gibson@agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 13:07:47 -0000
Hi All,

I was doing a bit of Spitfire homepage surfing and came across the
following:
http://members.xoom.com/russ_boy/re-build.htm

The point of interest to me is the drilled brake disc, what are the
advantages of this, is the pattern direction important?

I am thinking of changing my discs at some time in the future and if
drilling them gives me a stopping advantage then I shall get it done. Can
anyone recommend a pattern or better still supply a mechanical drawing.

TIA,
Pete.

| Pete Gibson                      o            Agilent Technologies    |
| Senior Engineer            o     O     o      Whitehouse Road         |
| Tel: +44 (0)1473 465357      O   O   O        Ipswich                 |
| Fax: +44 (0)1473 464965        O   O          England, IP1 5PB        |
|                         o  O  O     O  O  o                           |
| Email:                         O   O                                  |
| pete_gibson@agilent.com      O   O   O        AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES    |
|                            o     O     o      Innovating the HP Way   |