Re: rimmer - PLEASE READ

To: "John Cave" <cavej@mcmaster.ca>,
Subject: Re: rimmer - PLEASE READ
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 07:56:14 -0800
In fairness, I think I should step in to say that despite my displeasure and
disappointment, I finally heard back from Rimmer Bros. this morning and they
seem willing to rectify the problem.

Here is what I received via e-mail:

"Thanks for the e-mail, it would appear that when the order was booked the
£10.00 New Customer Discount was passed to our customer service dept who
will be refunding with a large batch this week.
With regards to the veneers, the purchase dept have confirmed to myself
that the photo's in the catalogue are original and unfortunatly are not
available, the re-man colors we supply which will be the closest to the
original will be a 'Straight grain walnut', the only other option if a
darker finish is require will be a 'Burr Walnut'.
We can only apologies for not being able to supply the original type,
unfortunatly re-made parts are not always suitable.
If you would like to return for a full refund we will forward our UPS
account number for a swift return.

I find this reply satisfactory and have inquired about the straight grain
walnut, which might come closer to the look  was after.  If not, I will be
sending the dash back for a refund.

However, I still think they should make a better effort to supply this
information in their catalogue, rather than illustrating a part that they
cannot deliver.

Jeff in San Diego