RE: Transmission cover - ABS or Original/ insulation of choice l

To: "'Spitfires'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Transmission cover - ABS or Original/ insulation of choice l
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:16:34 -0800
Dean;

The stuff I used on the transmission tunnel was obtained locally for a
fraction of what VB, Moss, etc., charge.  It is roughly 1/4 inch thick and
has foil on both sides.

I also bought a roll of a thicker material (from VB) that I am going to use
for heat/sound insulation under the hood.  This material has foil on one
side only.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)