Re: Poly diff mounts / poly bushings in general

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Poly diff mounts / poly bushings in general
From: "Phil Johnson" <spitfire.man@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:36:47 -0000
Kevin,

I can thoroughly recommend the poly bush kits. I used them on my daily
driver spitfire (10k miles last year) in all cases where they are available.
Repro rubber bushes only seemed to last about a year before cracking up and
softening. With the poly bushes, it is a case of fit and forget. They allow
more positive alignment of suspension components, steering rack, dampers
etc. No noticeable difference in noise or vibration. Only downside is cost,
but you won't ever have to replace them.

Regards
==
Phil Johnson
Coventry UK
Club Triumph (UK) Spitfire/GT6 Secretary
http://www.club.triumph.org.uk/

66 Spitfire4 Mk2 FC73949
77 TR7 ACG15216
77 TR7 ACG10378A Ongoing Sprint Conversion