toronto british show

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: toronto british show
From: John Cave <cavej@mcmaster.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:01:04 -0500
Hallo.
            As a new subscriber to the list i have been watching with
intrerest the debate over the car and the plane. Yesterday Feb 20 i went
to a British show in Toronto. One of the exhibits was a collection of
British cars presented By the Toronto Triumph Club, the centre piece was
a spitfire in camoflage paint,a roundel on the door, and the driver
wearing a leather flying jacket and helmet. I have seen this car at
other car meets around the Province of Ontario. I have never heard an
objection or negative comment on the display of the car in this manner.
I should also say as an ex Brit, now Canadian, and a member of the Air
Force Association and the owner of two 78 spits if you want to link the
car and the plane , go for it.
                                   Regards, John Cave