Re: TR6 Intake Manifold on GT6

To: <GHaynesTR4@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Intake Manifold on GT6
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 23:29:42 -0000
Hi George
Is this because the head is wrong? If so the option you have is to change
the head for a later head, if you do this you will need a head from a mark 2
engine suited to the compression ratio of your engine. The mark 2 head
should support the manifold/carbs you wish to use. You may need to change
the studs for bigger ones, recommended for mkI head any way, and the gasket
may need to be the one for the mkII head with flat top block,(as opposed to
the block with recesses for the thicker fire ring type gasket.

Graham.