Re: fuel pump leaks oil... (med. longish)

To: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Subject: Re: fuel pump leaks oil... (med. longish)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:53:35 -0800
<  snip >
>Anybody else out there have problems with an oil leak in their fuel
>pump?  < snip >  I've had a chronic oil leak, that is worse only
>after it runs awhile.  I finally took the time to track it down, and
>it's from the fuel pump.  The repro fuel pump from TRF has a hole
>drilled through the pump body to accept a friction fit shaft to hold the
>acutator lever (cam to diaphragm) on it.  < snip >

Interestingly, I have the same problem with the GT6 (glass dome type) fuel
pump.  The small lever fulcrum pin is where the leak is.  On mine there are
little circlips on each side that hold the pin in, being only a slip fit.,
and the only way I could see to seal it was to make a slightly larger pin.
Then PRESS it in with Loc-tite, using the circlips as a backup just in case
it were to ever loosen.  I haven't done this yet, but one of these days I
will. . . unless of course, someone else comes up with an easier way to do
it-

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)